All is better now though, Stella is still in her growth spurt, but we have adjusted and I find her development amazing (as I usually do). She is so smart and puts a lot of attention to detail. She is investigative and interested. She has a very loud voice and sheer endless energy. She's half a year old.
In fact we had our 6 month check-up on Wednesday and here are the stats:
Weight: 7315 gram (that exactly 500 gram more than at 5 months)
Length: 68 cm (1.5 more than at 5 months)
There are so many other things going on, i.e. Stella loves to hit her toys onto the table and even scares herself a bit with the loud noise it makes. Stella rolls around and around and around. She's not sitting unassisted yet. Stella wants to crawl. She lies on her belly like a fish out of water and reaches for her toys, sometimes she does a whole circle on her belly. Today, in an attempt to get closer to her toy in front of her, she pulled back (away from the toy) with her arms. She wants to pull up her bum but doesn't know how yet. No teeth yet, although I can see 3 white spots in her gum (2 in her lower yaw, the other on top) and I think one of them will most likely make it's entrance within the next months or so. Stella sits in her stroller now. It still looks a bit shaky at times, and she actually lies down most of the time, but she loves it. The view, the things to look at. Oh my. She has discovered other children, she loves to look at other children playing in the park, in the store, etc. Lykke be prepared :-)
These days Stella gets bored by her toys rather quickly and she finds it more difficult to entertain herself (for a second or so), so after looking through her toys I actually understood what she means, most of them are a bit boring and intended for much younger children than 6 months old big babies. So today, we went to two toy stores and bought some new toys to play with and chew on and stimulate her growing intelligence and interest. Today's highlight was the swing on the playground though. I must confess that we had not been to a playground before with Stella (she just appeared too young for it) but today we put her in the swing and she loved it and we did too. Her eyes got bigger and bigger. We'll be back there tomorrow :-)
Since returning home from Tuscany Stella has started to wake up around 5-5:30 in the mornings. I'm not sure why, but I want her to go back to sleeping to 6-6:30, that one extra hour is vital for me and Jonatan. On the food front, Stella is still doing very good. I am so so happy about that and my heart swells just thinking about her happy face when she realizes it's food time. Besides potatoes, which she eats but really doesn't care for too much, Stella tries and swallows everything. I made meat puree last weekend, which I found horrible to make, but Stella enjoyed even that.
I wanted to write much earlier but I have been busy with a needy Stella, who OF COURSE has needs, she is a 6 months old baby, and she uses her sweet little loud baby voice to tell me that she has said need. On top of that, Stella and I have been buys enjoying the sunshine, playing with all toys that make lots of noise (Stella) and knitting (me). In fact, the happy news of not one but TWO successful adoptions by two blogging friends overseas, put me into a knitting frenzy :-), I'm loving it though.
Here some pictures of our 6 months old star:

Us in the park watching the birds flying around (very exciting!!!)


New toys...


swinging...
Ps: More pictures as usual on our Flickr site.
5 comments:
Letting off some steam doesn't make you pathetic. The growth spurts are notoriously difficult, they even write books about it.
And indeed, after dividing the work between many people, doing most of it on your own again is hard!
It is funny when you see your baby can't spare the time to have a diaper changed or to eat. Must Play! Must Learn!
My girl isn't too fond of potatoes and vegetables either, though she usually eats it. Fruit is much, much better!
I was in Oslo for two days for work. I had the opportunity to do some late evening shopping for baby clothing. So much fabulous clothing! I wanted to buy it all, but stuck to the sales. :-)
She is a doll!
Occasional frustration has to be normal . . . !
I have my first solo day on Monday and I'm a bit nervous . . .
I think Sam is going through a teeny tiny growth spurt right now (he's about ten days) and he's been fussy in the morning and in the evening. He's not a fussy baby overall but yeah...when they fuss it's not fun. I just want him to go back to being the happy Peapod that he normally is! It's especially hard for you since you just had that fab vacation in Tuscany with lots of help and then had to come home to do things all by yourself. Mommies have adjustment periods, too!
Knitting...sigh. I miss knitting. Not too much because I love having Sam around. Just a little. (Dare I hope I am one of those overseas bloggers you are knitting for? *crosses fingers*)
Funny, Pob didn't like potato early on, although she's fine with it now. Have you tried making meat casseroles? They look and taste a lot more appetising - try chicken cooked with sweet potatoes, carrots, 1/2 an apple, parsnips (or whatever root veg you have available). Yummy. Have you tried her on lentils yet?
Growing up so fast, N. Although it's demanding, I'm also pleased to hear she wants to lean so much about the world.
Bea
Post a Comment