Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ciao!!!

We're home again!!! Bella Italia no more for us this year (at least). The trip was fantastic, even if the weather wasn't all that fantastic. Who would have guessed that Tuscany in June means several rainy days in a row (very frustrating when it is mainly the sun you came to see in Tuscany). But but, I have been complaining about the weather for 2 weeks now, back at home here in Sweden the weather isn't any better either, so what. Stella didn't care one bit about the weather and had the time of her life. She didn't mind the traveling part (2 hours flight and some shorter to-and-from-the-airport drives). Stella looooved Italy and all the Italians who each fell into oooooohhhhhh's and ahhhhhh's when we told them that the little bambina is called Stella. Bella Stella they exclaimed, which kind of stuck and is vividly used by us as well now.

Of course Stella enjoyed spending so much time with Pappa and Oma and Opa. She developed a lot during the last two weeks, tried lot's of new foods - Zucchini, Strawberry, Raspberry, Italian Hipp solids, cucumber, icecream (:S). In fact Stella opens her mouth in anticipation whenever food comes close to her. We have a really good eater. By now I am only nursing mornings and evenings, which I think is still going quite ok, but I can't shake this feeling that my supply is really decreasing and will run out shortly. I will miss nursing a lot, it is such a bonding experience with so much baby-love involved. Stella really loves the boobs and she can throw herself at my breast and start nursing making grunting sounds as if she hadn't eaten in days :S.

Stella also rolls around a lot now, and in addition tries to push up her little tush but doesn't succeed yet. Within the next weeks I think she'll be on her knees and arms. Also, I think a tooth might be making its great entrance shortly, destroying her perfect gummy smile.

Stella sits in her highchair like King Louie enjoying the view and awaiting food. We give her a huge piece of cucumber to play with. If that turns boring, Bodo (the plastic bear-sailor) keeps her company. Besides Püppi, whom Stella passionately loves and has lot's of conversations with, Bodo is her favorite toy at the moment. Whenever he emerges from her toybag, her face lights up in a huge smile. Too cute.

I am amazed by Stellas development, her capabilities, and her coolness. She is indeed a very cool child. Not much brings her out of her mojo. Cinque Terre squeezed into her BabyBjörn all day long, not a problem for Bella Stella, and while Jonatan and I were frustrated with the 4 hour delay yesterday at Florence airport, Stella just took the chance to have yet more fun. I learned some valuable lessons though - bring at least a days supply of baby food and diapers on any plane trip, even if the flight is supposed to be only 2 hours. At Florence airport one can't buy diapers or baby food, so that I had to ask fellow stranded Scandinavian travelers for a diaper and encourage the boobs to to give their all for our hungry little girl. Though hungry, Stella was in one of her best baby moods, flirting with the Italians. Oh la la.

It's good to be home again. Right now I am watching the Italians play football (Euro 2008) and I do get a bit nostalgic, if only the sun had shown her beauty a bit more. Bella Italia. Forza Azzuri.

Here we lived (the view)



poolside nursing...loved it!!!







Moi and the babe in her stroller in Lucca.



In Cinque Terre

Baby-cuteness



More pictures here.

How have you been?

7 comments:

Serenity said...

Oh Nina, the pictures of Cinque Terra... we were there only a year ago! I loved that place - was so beautiful.

I am so happy that Bella Stella took so well to travelling and you and Jonatan had a wonderful trip - despite the rain and the delays. You all look like you're so relaxed in your pictures. :)

Flo said...

hi Nina,

Good to know that Stella was so okay about traveling, especially since we'll be taking our little girl abroad not too long after she is born (we're moving, more on that later!).

You have such a well dressed daughter, no wonder she endeared all the Italians! Particularly like the dress in the last pictures!

Love Flo


PS: while you support the Italian team, I will

Flo said...

Oops, posted too soon.

Meant to say, I will cheer for your home country. Now that we are out...

Hannelore DK said...

I'm glad you had such a good time, despite the weather.

Bella Stella does have a nice ring to it. :-) And bella she is.

Slowly letting go of nursing is a bit emotional. But you've done so well for so long, besides it won't be over right away.

Always great to hear from you and see the fab pictures.

Bea said...

Looks like a great holiday! Will heed your advice about the plane, though.

Bea

DD said...

It amazes me how much she changes each time I peak in, yet I still see the little newborn in her.

Every stage is wonderful, but this one is especially fun because of how social they are, yet how locked in they are as well to Mom and Dad.

flickorna Lindén said...

Kära Stella,
Snart har du också en tand och snart ses vi!! Ska bli så roligt. Mamma har visat mig bilderna från när du var i Italien. Gissa om jag är avundsjuk..
Hej så länge!

Kramar,
Lykke