We have decided on a name for the babe. Pretty early on actually. We have been discussing second names as well and have one that we like, but we are still unsure if the babe needs one at all. I don't have a second name (was "blessed" with a two word surname) and Jonatans second name is one he rather wishes he didn't have - Werner.
While still in my belly the babe has so far never been called by her future first name. Rather we have made up all kinds of silly and sweet nicknames for her - Lilltjejen, minilöw, lillen, Maus, Mäuschen, Spatz, Süsse, Engelchen, Tornado...and some more. In a way it is hard to imagine that she will soon have a much more serious name (in comparison to the above names).
Maybe we should start to use her "chosen" name once in a while already now?
And what if she doesn't fit our chosen name at all?
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the names subject! We have been discussing names for years now and still are no closer to actually choosing one. I would like to see my baby first before deciding on the name (for obvious reasons), but that is a personal choice.
One of my friend's mums was adamant when she was pregnant that she was going to call her daughter 'Verity' until she saw her and realised the baby was no Verity at all. Thank God! My friend is now known as Marisa... :-)
Can't wait to hear this name. As for fit - well, I don't know about that. A few backup options?
I like the idea of second names, but they're not 100% necessary.
Bea
It took us a while to get used to calling Lila by her name while she was still in my belly. I don't know why really, maybe because calling the baby by name means it's a real person and that is such a foreign concept for some of us. Can't wait to hear the name!
Post a Comment