So today Stella and I were supposed to take a road trip, more like a train trip, to meet Ina and Lykke for a playdate (Stella and Lykke) and mum-talk-date (Ina and myself).
However, turns out Stella might have the beginning stages of chickenpox/vattenkoppor/Windpocken. A couple of red marks on her arms and hands (8 spots in total). She's not having any other symptoms so we are not too concerned so far.
I haven't had chickenpox thus far, and I really really really don't want to get it now (since it is much severe for adults normally) since our other vacation is coming up and I don't want to be sick again like last summer where I spent half our vacation in bed feeling miserable.
The pediatric nurses checked the spots this morning and say it might go either way, become chickenpox or be something totally different and vanish again. Let's hope for the latter.
Anyways, we didn't take the train to meet Ina and Lykke though, IF Stella has chickenpox we don't have to spread it :)
Wish us luck for not getting sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hoping, hoping, hoping, for the latter!
Stay well!
Fingers crossed that it is the latter!
Tell us more about your other vacation! Since I am getting a bit bored in this ninth month and have to live vicariously thru other people! :-)
What a coincidence. Kaisa has some spots, and I just thought they were mosquito bites. Only they look a bit weird. So we're speculating whether it could be chickenpox or not.
Oh hoping it's just bug bites or something easy to manage, for you both!
Fingers crossed! Very much crossed for not-pox.
Bea
haaj!
nu ses vi snart :) ska blåsa bort alla fula prickar.. helsingborgsvisit lär vara bästa medicinen (har jag hört!)
kramar,
ina o lykke
Here's to hoping it's not the pox!
xoxo
Post a Comment