Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5 months (almost)

Wow, the babe is 5 months old. Almost. On Friday actually.

We've been for her monthly pedi check-up this morning and she also got her second vaccination. We were prepared for bloody murder screaming, but no such thing. Needle in, needle out, baby smiling. Too good to be true. I'm almost waiting for Stella to have some kind of reaction to the vaccination later today.

Otherwise the check-up went rather uneventful, although one could almost see Jonatan and myself growing with pride about Stellas 5 months stats (4 month, birth):
Weight: 6815 (6195, 3415) gram.
Height:
66.5 (63, 49) cm

And I finally took one of those obligatory baby pics of Stella on the scale :)


At 5 months here are some of the other things that Stella does/wants/has, etc.:
- She rolls over. Easily from back to belly and now even from belly to back. She rolls back and forth so far, no rolling around and around.
- Feet are yummy. The big toe is almost better tasting than the thumb.
- Stella sits well in our lap or supported by pillows on the couch.
- Stella still sleeps through the night (although every time I mention it I am afraid to jinx it...)
- Solids are tasty (although I am not sure why they are called solids, since it is finely pureed veggies). The latest addition to the list is apple sauce and gröt (rice cereal).
- We had to lower the bottom of Stellas bed since she discovered that she could roll over to her side and put her one leg on top of the side of the bed and we feared that with some more strength she'd hoist herself out of bed.
- Stella grabs, shakes and tastes EVERYTHING. The below pictures were taken yesterday morning. After she was done with the newspaper her face was black from the paper ink.

- Stella really wants to sit in her stroller. We are not going to bring the carriage bag she lies in her stroller to our Italy trip. Oh yes, vacation in Italy with Stellas Oma and Opa. 2 weeks :). We have also ordered a Stokke Tripp Trapp high-chair for her to sit in at the dining room table. I think we are ready for it :).
- Stella loves Tiger. She, as of now clearly understands two words, 1) Stella and 2) Tiger. Too bad Tiger is leaving for his yearly summer vacation to Jonatans parents next weekend in preparation for our vacation in, did I mention ;), Italy.
- Stella baby talks more and more different sounds. A lot of ehehehehe and aaaaaaaa and ffffffttttt and rrrrfffpppppttttt and mamma (ok, not the last one). I bet that her first word will be Tiger anyways. Generally speaking I think we have a little talker-girl although I know that bilingual children often start talking later than children with only one mother tongue.
- Stella has finally taken a pacifier. I think we bought ca. 15 different kinds before she decided that the NUK ones are complying to her hight demands on a pacifier :S. I'm not sure if I like or dislike the fact that Stella now likes a pacifier in her mouth. Ask me again in a couple of weeks...
- Eating: Breastfeeding is still going good (I never thought I'd say this but by now I am loving it) and there seems to be be enough milk for Stellas needs. I nurse her twice in the morning (6:30 and 8 am), once at lunch (12 pm) at once again in the evening (6:30 pm). Stella gets 90 ml of formula at lunch and ca. 135 ml of formula in the evening for dinner, both after I nursed. At 3pm Stella eats her pureed veggies and fruits. This is working quite well for us, although I am having a feeling (decreasing supply?) that we will be exchanging the lunch nursing for solids withing the next couple of weeks. I took these pics this morning while nursing:




Jonatan and I are so in love with Stella - she is a star. At the same time I am terrified by the speed that she grows up. Are those next years going to pass by as quickly as these past 5 months? Help!!!

Ps: Lot's of new pictures on our Flickr site.

6 comments:

MoMo said...

She is just too adorable!!!!

DD said...

Assvice heading your way: I guess if Stella was content w/o a pacifier up till now, don't worry about finding one. We were strongly encouraged to get rid of XBoy's at 6 months.

Now on to what's really important...I am just amazed at how perfect her skin is. She glows.

Anonymous said...

Ja! De små liven växer upp med racerfart! Om två minuter börjar Stella skolan... Kan själv knappt fatta att Valtermannen fyller 6 år om några dagar. Och börjar 0:an till hösten.

Vad härligt med en Italienresa, och dessutom få med sig "gammel"päronen :-) Dubbel glädje! Sänd oss ett kort från Toscana.

Stella är en riktig blomma; älskar den sista bilden på handen; gos!

Bea said...

Such peaceful and content feeding photos.

Happy 5 months, Stella!

Bea

flickorna Lindén said...

du har så fina bilder!!
tack för alla inlägg på bloggen!
vad hade jag gjort utan dig.

kramar!

Chastity said...

She is precious!!