Monday, February 11, 2008

Routine?

Friday night, 8.26 pm.
Jonatan is trying to convince Stella to sleep in her cosy little bed after we removed the shittiest of all shitty diapers. Man, I honestly have never seen so much pooo...amazing how such a tiny little body (which is by the way increasing it's weight nicely) can shit so much in such a short time.

Anyways, it's been a while that I updated on "life with Stella" except from some pictures and a video. Life with Stella is fantastic, it's getting better every day. I can't believe she is almost 6 weeks (on Sunday). Where we were blessed with a eating, shitting, sleeping package at first, we now have a smiling, interactive.....

That's how far I got on Friday....

Monday lunch, 12:30 pm.
Where was I? Right, life with Stella. It truely is fantastic. Every night, Jonatan and I both tell each other how lucky, happy and just satisfied we are with how things are going with Stella. I think the fact that we are starting to have some kind of daily routine in place which besides making Stella a very happy and content baby leaves space for Jonatan and me to hug, kiss, blog, eat dinner together, and all those other things we now classify as "us"-time (including "me"-time). I thought I'd share the routine, but please don't be too impressed since all of the times are approximates and cannot be written in stone and could at any day be skipped due to belly ache, appointments, visitors, diaper full of shit or other occurrences.....

Monday night, 8:10 pm.
Hrumpf, I knew it. As soon as I'd write the word "routine" that I'd jinx it and the "routine" would bite me in the ass. Stella woke up from her lunch nap after only 45 minutes with some belly ache. Poor girl. Oh well.

Here's how our days look like these days:
6 am Wake up, cuddling in bed, etc.
7 am-8 am Breakfast (Nina & Jonatan)
8-8:40 am Breakfast (breast-feeding)
8:45-10:30 am Play & explore the apartment
10:40-11:20 am 2nd breakfast (breast-feeding)
11:30-11:45 am 90 ml formula (if I feel that Stella is still hungry, not every day)
12-14 pm lunch nap (Stella)
14-14:40 pm food (breast-feeding)
15-16:30 pm Go for a walk, sleeping in the stroller
16:30-18 pm Play & explore
17:45 pm Jonatan comes home
18-18:30 pm Family time, eat, play etc.
18:30-19:10 pm Dinner (breast-feeding) and getting ready for bed
19:30-19:45 pm 90 ml formula given by Jonatan (nice bonding)
20 pm Sleeping
2-2:45 am food (breast-feeding in bed)
5-5:30 am food (breast-feeding in bed)...we have been skipping this one a couple of times now.

Off to some me time now, showering, a glass of wine, blogging and a film maybe?

2 comments:

Bea said...

Sounds like a great routine - if you can ignore any hiccups! Hope there aren't many.

Bea

Chastity said...

That's much more of a routine than my baby ever had! I'm glad you're enjoying every moment!!